Kids Coordinator - Dripping Springs
Title: Kids Coordinator
Reporting Structure: Campus Pastor with a dotted line to the Ministry Services Kid’s Lead
Positions Supervised: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Part-Time, 20 hours a week
Work Days: Sundays and during the week as needed, not to exceed 20 hours per week.
The Mission of Gateway Church is:
“To help people explore God and become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ-followers.”
The mission above is not one person’s job on staff at Gateway, it is every person’s job. Every employee will assume responsibility to execute the mission as an individual. In fact, the highest priority and expectation of every Gateway employee is to do this mission in a personal way. To help people explore God (through invitation and volunteer recruitment) and become a unified community (through team building and spiritual care) of growing, multiplying (through deeper spiritual investment and training), Christ-followers.
Summary of Position
The purpose of this position is to lead a Gateway Campus Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade) at either our Pflugerville or Dripping Springs campus. This position will be responsible for developing volunteer teams to provide a children’s ministry consistent with Gateway’s mission. A ministry where kids and families are welcomed as they are, have opportunities to connect with others as they grow closer to Jesus and His purpose for their life.
● Create a fun, attractive, and relational ministry environment where children are taught faithfully and are known personally
● Coordinate, create, and execute ministry programing/activities as designed by the Ministry Planning Teams for your ministry area
● Assist in ensuring policies and procedures for your ministry area are carefully followed to ensure the highest possible standards for safety, security, and sanitation
● Manage and facilitate the parents experience, ensuring excellent service, communication, and partnering with parents in the spiritual development of their children
● Oversee and manage the kid’s budgets at your campus and maintain a surplus in order to account for growth and unexpected expenses
● Ensure all Kid’s environments at your campus are fully staffed with effective and engaging volunteers
● Identify, train, grow, and develop new volunteers, allowing for growth building and expansion
● Create an experience for families in which they receive a high level of care and support
● Collaborate and ensure all kid’s volunteers experience a high level of care and community with other volunteers
● Ensure volunteers are known personally as they are coached, trained and equipped to excel in their ministry role
● Identify and develop volunteers with high leadership potential to expand the mission of Gateway Church in the Kid’s Ministry and beyond
● Evaluate and plan through regular meetings with an active Core Team of commissioned volunteers
● Collaborate with Kids and Ministry Services leaders from across campuses to plan ministry programing, events and initiatives for all children at Gateway Church
● Provide events for children and families to connect, grow and serve within the context of their ministry including Child Dedication/Baptism Classes, Family Experience and Services.
● Communicate mission, vision and values for Kids Ministry in alignment with those of Gateway Church
● Other duties as assigned
● Minimum of an Associate's Degree
● 2+ years of experience working with children and/or students
● Proven ability to develop and lead volunteers
● Must have an intimate and growing relationship with Christ
● Must make Gateway church your church home
● Must become a commissioned leader at Gateway Church (or be willing to if not currently commissioned)
● Model standards and expectations of commissioned leaders at Gateway Church
Working Conditions and other information
● Sunday through Thursday schedule (Saturdays as needed) with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
● Easter- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services and events (See Holiday Policy in the employee handbook for more information)
● Christmas- all hands-on deck for our Christmas services and events (See Holiday Policy in the employee handbook for more information)
● Annual All Staff Retreat- dates are subject to change but typically fall sometime in May
● Annual Leadership huddle- dates are subject to change but typically fall sometime in August
● Attend all functions that we require of our Commissioned Core (i.e. Leadership Community, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.